The Evolution of the Diamond

 



"The diamond greatly protesteth. But grew hotter, more hardened, cut and hewn as the many masters have said before him. Of eternal flame.
For the diamond drew them in close. And said, look upon me. Be distracted by my flicker and glow. For I have brought death with me. And death shall come.
They commiserate, they hoard, the masters of this combine. For we must seek shelter and refuge from this death that cometh upon us.
Will ye not hide with us, diamond?
The diamond did but shake wearily. But that I have sought thee. For this purpose. For I have hardened my self to break your combine, and your throne. Your lives with them.
The combine saw fit to cower further. 'This death cannot be taken away. Go, ever more!'
The diamond was hastened away, hastened to be gazed at, wondered at, made but a mockery.
'For thy mockery shall pass. For I have lain down the stones of your sons. And though thou hast mockery, and gazing unseen, thou hast no answer for my bidden stones.'
And the diamond, the true angel, did walk away, an eternity of stones lain before him. 'For I saw your combine, and saw fit to breaketh it. And I have seen fit to breaketh thee too, among the stones of thy obsession.'
Infinite lights and visions did pass, for a wondrous world, born of the diamonds own prism, did go on forever after."


Religious